Sunday, March 11, 2012

Pattern Review for Old Fashioned Baby-Baby Rose Raglan Dress




One of our members finished these dresses and added a few details for sharing.

I used The Old Fashioned Baby --- Baby Rose Raglan Dresses, view 1.
The dresses were size infant and my girls are 12-13 # and they fit perfectly.
I followed Jeannie's directions, making adjustments to the stitch length and width for the laces I used and for my machine.  I did a sample of the lace zig-zag and then the pinstitch before actually working on the dresses.  Also, when joining the laces for the hem, I used super solvy and then used fabri-solvy for doing the pinstitch.  This was a tip from my friend Jane Briscoe. 




There is an excellent article in Sew Beautiful, #81, p 50 that explains Jeannie's Old-Fashioned Entredeaux.  This is an option in the pattern, but the article does a better job of explaining the technique.

It was time intensive, (maybe because I was making two!!) but fairly easy to put together, if you are familiar with heirloom sewing techniques.

I must admit my granddaughters looked so sweet in their 3 month portrait dresses.   Now on to planning their 6 month dresses!!!


2 comments:

  1. I am fully impressed with such dresses as they are fully comfortable and has perfect color combination which will be very good for children.
    baby girl dresses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness! These are truly precious! How beautiful the girls must look in these dresses. Wonderful job and thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete